Monday, October 7, 2013

Refinancing Meditation

Sometimes the first time you meditate on something isn't enough. In the moment, you can be a practiced yogi, or even a practitioner of meditation; and go as deeply into thought and emotion as time will allow you to go. In that moment, you could have reached the depths of potential for a particular focal point, subject, intention or energy. Yet, with time passing by; this potential changes, and your ability to dig deeper does as well.  This leads to one of the oldest methods to my madness, in reviewing older material; some of which may be unfinished- some of which I previously thought were complete, I walk even further with difficult emotions than my feet would take me the first time around. I don’t always understand what the connection is to my original meditation and writing; to what comes out the second time around. Sometimes the two pieces are related, sometimes the second piece is no more than an extension of the first, and sometimes the second piece takes thinking and feeling in an entirely different direction.  Sometimes when I’m writing the second time around it feels as if I discover the true meaning behind what I was scraping at to begin with. Sometimes that feels like a breakthrough. Other times it feels like a slap in the face, makes me wonder how I could have missed it the first time around. Regardless, I always feel as if I was supposed to re-walk certain paths, and I wouldn’t have known that had I not attempted openly, aimlessly, to step into something real. To reassess that which I had traversed before, to find out if I looked over everything. To find out how I have grown, and where that growth may take me with my older thoughts and intentions. To reevaluate, re-appreciate, respect in retrospect.

Just some thoughts to share for those who are writers or want to take their craft more seriously. Remember, none of us are beyond the need for re-evaluation! It can be immensely powerful to hear others' feedback on your work, but in your own time it is a way to grow beyond your own perspective, and expand your thinking to what's "outside the box." What are some ways you re-evaluate your work?

It's been a very long time since we've seen any submissions here on Road to the Phoenix. I'd love to see more of your work! Please feel free to submit any freewrites, social commentary, poetry or other art forms you feel apply to the themes of this website. Thanks as always for reading!

-Phoenix

No comments:

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory