Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mountain Dreamer

I'm in the throes of a memory
stuck in the eye of a storm.
You really took a hold of me,
but I gave of myself willingly.
Now that you've had your fill of me;
I just want to raise my hands to the sky
and scream, but I cannot breath so instead
I'm teaching myself how to be free.

I put myself in shackles,
clinging to a mountain,
chasing a mirage of family that
I longed for so fiercely that I lost
sight of my feet, and find myself slipping
with no edges to grasp on to,
only slick grass and puddles 
to land in, only mud to catch me.

Now my face is slathered in a film  
that I can't wash clean, 
instead I'm inciting my demons
and they're coming to cash in.
Ghosting just like you would do
to come out alive, to survive.
Now I'm dancing as only I know how
to end this slide, and to rise.

_______________________________________________________

“And I found that I can do it if I choose to - I can stay awake and let the sorrows of the world tear me apart and then allow the joys to put me back together different from before but whole once again.”

Oriah Mountain Dreamer  

Once again as always, thank you to Florence as well, who has been my favorite muse in the last year.


No comments:

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory