Friday, February 13, 2009

Nine Ghosts of Lennox

This is piece of writing I just found that I put away. This one is from September 22nd, 2008. Definitely coming from a lot of frustration in dealing with social anxiety and other remnant symptoms from my continuing battle with PTSD. inspired/influenced by Annie Lennox and Nine Inch Nails

I’m losing ground, well you know
how this world can beat you down.
The mountain almost swallowed me whole,
yet I still did come around.
But I see too much, I feel too much, I bleed too much
I’m caught up by the Ghosts in my Machine

There is no medicine
For what’s eroding me
There is no way inside
To find what’s consuming me
What is breaking down the center
The very core of me.

Pure love can bind me
Other bright ones can lift me
And inspire me
But there is no one in this world
That can pull out this pain
That just keeps breaking me apart.

There is no set of directions
No self help book on tape
No worries that can change me
But I just keep on hanging here
As sparking, shiny bait
For all to come and take me
Come and break my heart away

Where’s the zipper or the seam
That puts a seal around my chest
Where’s the cord, a door to close
A way to get some rest?

No comments:

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory