Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hanging in the Balance

(6/18-29,7/14) revision in progress

Caught up
I check my past at the door.
We’ve been walking in this borrowed space
but will you let me go, if I walk away?
Or will you haunt my heart for always?
It’s so hard to breathe when
you keep standin' 'round my dreams.
I’ve been losing sleep for weeks, still
I keep running past my means.
I guess I got caught up in you.

Your heart won't let me leave you
but I gotta break these chains.
I feel a caustic fever burning deep within my chest,
incendiary pressure brews an ache I can’t digest.
My back is throbbing and my heart is racing
to shut me in....but I don't wanna win.

My soul is on fire and I can't take this pain away.
It's got me runnin, got me runnin
far past my means I just can't come clean.
When will I be ready to get past this scene?


('props to Anthony Hamilton, India Arie) to be continued...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Really a good blog :)

Pain Management
Diet Menu

Road To The Phoenix said...

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comment. :)

-Phoenix

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory