Friday, October 2, 2015

Exuding Warmth

There's something I felt when you smiled at me-
as you walked towards me on the sidewalk under evening glow.
Only a small smile escaped out of the corner of my mouth,
as I grinned from the inside out and had to look down
just to harness the flush that went over me.
There's a warmness that naturally exudes from you,
that left me slightly speechless in the first 10 minutes after
you greeted me with a hug and immediately I began
stumbling in my mind trying to find something to say.
Then as you sat down, across the table still smiling
gazing into my eyes, as if you could see what I was thinking.

Who are you?
What is it that has been left in me, ever since that night
two eves ago when we decided to meet.
Ever since that time you have not left my mind. 
You've caught me entirely by surprise, and
I'm not certain what has crossed my path,
or what has resided like a pit in my chest.
As I've talked to you once more,
it appears you've struck a chord;
hearing your voice through the phone
I still struggled at first to keep my composure.
What is it you have, for me to behave this way?

(written 9/20/15 and edited 10/2/15)

No comments:

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory