Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sometimes you just need a little affirmation....

There are weeks where I feel as if I'm getting taken on a bruise cruise with Mother Nature. One minute I'm basking in the sun, smiling and beaming with the warmth and enrichment of a beautiful day. The next moment I could be hit by a linebacker gust of wind and blown right off my feet. Next minute I get poured on, but I look up and pray that the water will wash all my stress, pain, and frustration away. The next, it's freezing and it's hard to go outside for my daily walk. The next, there's no wind at all- and it's a perfect balance between warmth and chill- where its warm enough that I won't need a jacket, but cool enough so I won't break a sweat. There are those days when the weather seems to take a day off... and I can just sit outside and have no interference at all, and just be able to find my own air current and disappear into my own imagination .. away from the daily rumblings of work, matters of the heart and mind... etc etc. Now, you might say that this is just because I live in New England... :) which is true..but when it is synonymous with my internal world and the constant change... is that really a factor of my environment on the outside?

If I hadn't dealt with the stress that I've been dealing with lately- I'd probably say yes. The environment and nature play a HUGE role in the changing of seasons inside ourselves. However, sometimes it seems my moods are a precursor, or just a parallel theme to the weather around me. I want to be outside, inside, up in my head, in the sun, in my bed... wherever I choose to be, and find that peaceful day again. That peace is within me I just have to direct my energy towards finding it. So much of my happiness depends on my connection with inner peace and balance. Sometimes I need to remind myself what to focus on. It's not all about perspective, but we all can use a little encouragement sometimes. I have what I need, all within myself... to survive, to be happy, and to live a good life. We all do, it can be a scary task, and it can feel very lonely. Life often is. Sometimes I forget how strong I am.

Just a little recommendation for reading, if you are looking for that balance within yourself, these have brought me so much peace. OK, two recommendations: Tao Te Ching, and the Celestine Prophecy.
Tao Te Ching The Celestine Prophecy

NOTE: For those interested there is a hardcover version of Tao Te Ching, which is the version I own myself. It is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and I recommend at least looking at it at a bookstore even if you choose to purchase the paperback instead. The illustrations are amazing and really give you a whole different view inside the peaceful verses and imagery. :) Enjoy! (see link below)
Tao Te Ching (HARDCOVER VERSION)

2 comments:

Sam said...

I really loved reading this. Great post. It seems like every one I read the more we seem to have in common. The New England weather (which I experiance too haha) seems to be the perfect analogy for my inner feelings as well, and its very difficult for me to find a place of simple peace. Thats kind of my life goal, to simply be content. Maybe I will give those books a try.

Road To The Phoenix said...

Well thank you Sam. I've enjoyed reading your entries as well, you've got great insight. Peace and contentment is a great goal to have, and I've found it's as much about trusting yourself, and the universe's process- (if not more so)as it is changing your way of being in the world. But yes, I've read both of these books many times, and I STRONGLY recommend them. They both have been life changing for me. Thanks again for reading! :)

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory