Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell." ~Edna St Vincent Millay

Just bought a great album, if you are a fan of Dixie Chicks you'll definitely want to check the Court Yard Hounds out. Court Yard Hounds Even if you aren't, I am a huge fan of singing harmonies and to hear these two, it's just gorgeous. I think it's great that they are sisters as well, it gives them a chemistry that you can't really replicate. The album deals with a lot of issues around loss and coping, and that is always something that catches my attention. I'm fascinated by the way people cope with challenges in their lives, as well as how they navigate through struggles towards being happy.

Certain music tends to come into my life at certain times. I'm not always a believer that everything happens for a reason, there are some things in life that reason just can't touch. But I do think that happens for a reason. Music inspires almost everything that I do, artistically speaking. 99% of my poetry is rhythmically based, inspired and/or infused... and a lot of what I listen to helps me interpret what's inside of my heart and mind that I can't seem to or don't want to vocalize. A lot of musicians will say that they make music to connect to others, and not only to express themselves. I feel I write the same way, first; to connect to myself, and second to connect to others who've lived through some of the same things. I've got a very, very big heart- and love with the best of them. I've got a never resting head, that's always thinking, processing, reasoning, imagining, and both of these parts of me can be exhausting at times. I'm an outgoing person, and very honest- sometimes to a fault. Most people who know me, know that I love to express myself and love a good long conversation. But what most don't understand is just how much I hold inside, and not always by choice. There are days where I just feel like I speak a different language, and that there isn't someone who truly understands me. This is where the writing comes from, and often times music helps me locate myself, and a new path inside the places in myself it is hard to visit. I encourage you all to do the same, find the things that bring out and encourage your expression.

"I am tired, Beloved,
of chafing my heart against
the want of you;
of squeezing it into little inkdrops,
And posting it."
~Amy Lowell, "The Letter"

Have any expressions or ideas to share? Please feel free to submit poems or other forms of art! My email address is on my profile.

No comments:

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory