Monday, April 28, 2008

Center of my Universe

How long will you hold up for me?
Just enough, I'm sure when its all said and done.
No matter what is placed on you
it seems you always pull through.
Even when it feels like you're breathing knives
you never stop, you never cease
you never stumble, you never freeze.

But when will you give up on me?
You never falter, weave or stumble.
You never stop, wheeze or stall.
When I want to give up, close up and hide
You are steadfast in this journey
unswerving in the face of troubled times
firm in purpose, strong in spirit.

You've lead me in the right direction
for so long, even before I knew how to listen.
You've defined me as a person
blessed my character, fueled my desires.
You've given me the life I have
the life I need, the life I strive for.
How long will you continue, without
the same in return?

When is enough, enough for you?
When I forget to hear you
neglect to feel you
decline your instinct?
Loyal and true,
dependable and strong
when does your patience run out?

I feel that you answer me
I feel what you want
I know what I need
but fear pierces my resolve
and I dread the truth.
Is this the last time?
Will you lessen your grip?
I'm wondering now
wondering when
the bottom will fall out
last moments will be spent...


Digg my article

No comments:

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory