Monday, April 28, 2008

Ugly...


I don't know how many of you out there are Red Sox fans.. but regardless, this weekend was ugly. The likelihood of being swept by the Devil Rays... oh er, I mean "Rays" as they are now called....(which is humorous in and of itself, but first things first) would be a laughable thought at best in the last several years. We've lost to them before- I mean its not impossible considering that they are a team of professional major league baseball players. The team has never been all that good or as much of a competitor in the league though, until now. But it just happened. It makes me cringe. I guess I'm not used to the fact that they are getting better, day by day. The people upstairs at Tampa Bay are finally starting to make some good decisions for the Ray's future. The players coming up from their farm system are looking better and better too. But the Red Sox got swept by the Rays to complete a five game losing streak. In a game where Beckett struck out 13 batters no less! (*career high) It's kinda like I just got kicked in the side. I know they will turn things around, the team has been shifting around a lot due to injuries/illness. I'm never one to use that as an excuse though, especially now considering that they are defending World Series Champions. Even without that, I'm a diehard Boston sports fan with the Red Sox leading in my book at least. I expect the best, and nothing else from them. So does the rest of the league at this point- by all senses of the word all eyes are on them- and how well they'll do in the year following the title. This year means a lot to me considering our 2005 season- and I expect the same winning tradition- leading us back to the World Series.

I was a little surprised that Theo made so few changes to the roster from last season. Our pitching staff is missing some pop, and besides Beckett and Matsuzaka (and Wakefield, but of course he's even a bit unpredictable), there's not a whole lot of "feel-good" feeling for me about our current pitching rotation. Buchholz is looking good, but this is his rookie season. It's hard to know what to expect from him in the year(s) ahead. Otherwise, why do we still have Schilling? I know there are plenty who feel otherwise on that subject.. but I just don't. We need another pitcher we can depend on as a second, third, fourth or fifth starter.

Anyways, to be continued.......


Digg my article

No comments:

 
VISIT PHOENIX ROAD BOOKS STOREFRONT

Add to Google Reader or Homepage


Tips for New Bloggers
blogarama.com
Buzzer Hut | Promote Your Blog
Blogs Directory

DISCLAIMER:The ads displayed don't necessarily match the opinions of the admin of this site, we relinquish any responsibility for the opinions displayed within the ads and any corresponding sites. Keyword Directory